After a Domain Password change, my Teams Desktop Client was stuck in an Authentication Loop. I tried several things for troubleshooting, but the single steps didn’t solve the problem for itself. As a normal User, I would open a Helpdesk Ticket and would wait until they solve the problem for me. But as a System Engineer and Teams Consultant, I should find the problem by myself, I thought. And yes I tried to turn it of and on again and it didn’t help ;-).
BTW: It seems that I’m not alone with this problem because on UserVoice several reported and upvoted it.
As a result, I tried all troubleshooting steps together and that finally solved my authentication problems.
- Make the Internet Explorer Site to Zone Assignments for Microsoft Teams (Trusted Sites)
- Purge the Microsoft Teams Client Cache Folders
- Clear the Cached Credentials for Microsoft Teams
Finally, my problem was solved and I did not disturb our Helpdesk Team.
Automated the solution with a PowerShell Script
But the troubleshooting took me an hour and manually deleting multiple entries from Windows Credential Manager is not my favorite job. So I used my spare time on Sunday, Yes I’m a Nerd!, and wrote a PowerShell Script for it.
Feel free to try it out, and comment here in the Blog, or at Twitter @philipp_kohn if you have suggestions for optimizing the Script. Reminder: No Backup no mercy! – Use my Scripts at your own Risk 😀